Anyone who knows me, knows that I am voracious reader, typically reading three books at any given time. I just finished wonderful book that inspired me so much that I have decided to include excerpts on my blog.
Ten Ideas for Creating Wellness in Your Life
(Excerpt from “Am I Being Kind”,
by Michael J. Chase, Founder of The Kindness Center)
1. Using only positive, kind thoughts make a list of the mental, physical, and spiritual aspects that you love about yourself.
2. Make time for spiritual practice each day through prayer or meditation.
3. Connect with nature. Walk; hike; or swim; or simply immerse yourself in sunlight and fresh air, observing the magic of the natural world.
4. Breathe in and exhale the energy of gratitude. Give thanks every single day for the infinite blessings that surround you.
5. Laugh! Watch funny movies or spend time with energetic, humorous people.
6. If you don’t already have one, consider adopting a pet. Studies reveal that animals can alleviate much of our daily stress.
7. Feed your mind with inspirational book and positive quotes.
8. Volunteer, serve, and make kindness your intention.
9. Choose high grade “fuel” such as whole and organic foods. Also make water your number one drink.
10. Find an exercise program that works for you, and get moving. This one decision alone will transform your life.