To perform meditation, you do not necessarily need to be seated in the lotus position. You can be cycling, running, walking etc.
Walking meditation instructions:
1. Take a few long, slow and deep breaths. As you exhale, let go of all tension I’ll let your attention flow deep into your belly, legs and feet.
2. Start walking with small steps: as you inhale, step forward and feel that sensation of your foot as it moves to the air and each part of your food as it touches the ground.
3. Exhale as a weight of your body sinks to your foot.
4. Slow down, concentrate on your steps and be aware of each move. Consciously make an imprint on the ground as you step. Fully relax your foot as it presses into the ground.
5. Go slowly with a smile on your lips, with your heart open to an experience of peace.
6. You can feel truly at ease with yourself. If you could take one peaceful step, you can take two. If your steps are peaceful, the world will have peace.
Inspired by Thich Nhat Hahn